Zone commits to GLAA protocol
Zone Contractors have recently become a signatory to the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA) Construction Protocol.
The document commits signatories to:
• Work in partnership to protect vulnerable workers
• Agree to share information, where possible, to help stop or prevent the exploitation of workers
• Work together to manage information sensitively and confidentially
• Commit to raising awareness within the supply chain
• Maintain momentum through this protocol by communicating regularly
You can learn more about the GLLA Construction Protocol here https://lnkd.in/gjmSaCK
Modern slavery and exploited labour has long been a problem in the industry. According to many sources it is more prevalent in the UK than we might realise or want to admit.
Just last week the BBC did a feature article which had some alarming content and statistics, link: https://lnkd.in/g-URuMK
The GLAA allows organisations within our industry to work together to reduce instances of exploitation and slavery. We are proud to be a part of this protocol and trust it is working positively to help eradicate these illegal practices.